The megawolf resurrects an older, unpublished story which was written when he was in a particularly misanthropic mood -- well, moreso than usual. This one also serves as a bit of a test. There's a donation link at the end. We intend to find out if these stories are worth enough to people to throw in a few dollars, or if they are only good enough to be handed out for free. If they're not good enough to pay for, well, then we'll know how much a megawolf's efforts are worth.
It's 2017? Whoa. That means that it has been twenty-five years since I wrote my first macrofur tale. Greymuzzle city, man. Anyway, here's a new story. Call it my 25th anniversary tale. It's a collaborative effort between me and a friend who shares many of my views on life.
Wow, it's been quite a while since the last story came out. Well, here's a new one. Didn't like the wait? Well, it ain't like you're paying for them, so pipe down before I squash you.
Just one story to update. It's getting harder to find time to write these days. Maybe as a big wolf gets older, time moves faster. This time around, however, the newest story is quite a brutal one. It's what happens when Rogue gets inspired by Mr. Happy who gets inspired by Beherit, who is the Devil incarnate in vulpine form. BONUS: this one even comes with illustrations!
Finally got time for another update. I've decided not to continue updating the "Pictures of Rogue" section. There's so many of them nowadays, all scattered about in places like Furaffinity and SoFurry and Inkbunny. It's too much to keep up with, and those sites are much easier to search and navigate these days. Of course, 99.98% of the visitors to this site are looking for pictures. The remaining 0.02% might be here for the stories, and those I will keep updating periodically. I expect to see a very heavy dropoff in web traffic, though. I still believe that the printed word is a dead art. I only write these days for my own amusement, and for that of a few friends who still like to read.
There are four new stories this time. I still write for an APA that comes out quarterly (and I'll bet that the vast majority of readers have no idea what an APA is. It's an "Amateur Press Association." Google it) so there are roughly four stories cranked out each year. I will try to put them up as they come out, but as megawolves get older they get lazier. After all, as of this update I have been writing for twenty-two years, longer than some fans have been alive. Graymuzzle, indeed.
New Stories -- The Big Gals: (or in this case, "Miscellaneous")
Back in 2009 I was approached by a publisher who wanted to make a printed collection of my work. After the initial "hurrr??" my response was "yeahyeahyeah!" I took what I considered to be the best of my stories and invested an enormous amount of time and energy in re-editing, re-proofing, and re-formatting them for publication. The result, with a cover by the delightful Crux Lo, was initially very satisfying -- there's nothing quite like seeing one's name in print! Tales of the Macrofurs Volume 1 - the Big Boys came out in 2010, and it was quite a thrill to see tiny people with copies in their hands as they fled before my feet.
Trouble is, the printed word is a dead art. People do not read anymore, let alone buy books. I always knew that my fan-base was quite small based on the number of people who actually clicked on stories I'd posted online vs those who just came here to get off on the artwork I posted. Seeing actually publication returns made it painfully aware of just how small it was indeed. In the interim I had taken down many of my female-oriented stories in preparation for a Volume 2, but simply put, I just couldn't find the motivation to put so much work into it knowing how tiny the return would be. After spending nearly a year preparing an epic novella that I intended to be the centerpiece of the volume, I came to the conclusion that I was simply never going to find the energy it would take to prepare all of the other works for print.
So I have put them all back, and permanently shelved any plans for Tales of the Macrofurs Volume 2. I took the time to re-organize the story page a little bit, sorting the tales in the same way that they were arranged for publication -- males on one page, females (etc.) on another, collaborations on a third, and so on. You will find them laid out more of less chronologically on the new index pages I have created, with the newest at the top.
Before you go asking about pictures, yes, I've got dozens of them that people have made for me, but I've not bothered to put them up. Someday I may get around to collecting them and uploading them and doing a massive update for those who aren't interested in my writing and would rather just see me whomping people into the ground with my dick. Yeah. Come closer. I'll show you how that's done.